top of page

Quest for Love Concert Group

Public·34 members
Lucas Cook
Lucas Cook

Best Sticky Toffee Pudding To Buy

Initially, the answer is of course. Cartmel is the home of sticky toffee pudding. And as I made my way round the supermarkets, Asda, Morrison, Tesco, Sainsburys, Aldi and Lidl - it was Cartmel is was most excited about.

best sticky toffee pudding to buy

Oh god, the first bite was like heaven but then I put my taste test hat on. I really did enjoy it although sticky toffee but should be more of a date cake and it was sadly lacking one of the main components but had date paste in?.

This one was a bit of a bargain and was billed as lovely and light with a deliciously dark sticky toffee sauce. It looked good on the picture. I was a little excited Aldi puddings are normally really good.

I have to be honest, my mouth was really watering when I looked at the picture on the box and read what it said 'All butter date sponge drenched with sticky toffee sauce' I could see the dates in it.

Now, I don't know if people are going to lynch me for this but I had to have some Cartmel sticky toffee pudding. It has a rich history and is one of the special attractions in Cumbria a little like Kendal mint cake.

Now, not for one minute do I think it tasted bad it was amazing but it just didn't hit the spot. In an attempt to double-check this in case I had just reached my limit of sticky toffee pudding I went away had a cuppa and gave it another try.

We love sweets but this cake is actually gross in our opinion. Extremely sweet and the toffee flavor is not what we expect (or want) with warm sticky toffee. We threw it in the organic trash. Not recommended.

Awesome recipe! Thanks, Kimberly. You are two for two in awesome recipes. The first I made was treacle tart, now sticky toffee pudding. Both recipes are flawless. I shared this with my (classically trained, chef) nephew and my very picky sister and both were very happy and impressed, so thank you for making me look good.

Anytime Scott and I are out for dinner and there's a dessert option for Sticky Toffee Pudding, we never have to think twice. And after enjoying sticky toffee pudding all over "the mother country", during the seven years our daughter lived in England, we've definitely had our share of this wonderful dessert. Believe it or not, this Ridiculously Easy Sticky Toffee Pudding recipe rates up there with some of the best we've ever had!

And when I spooned up a helping for Scott and me to sample, sure enough, there was an amazing, deeply caramel-hued sauce underneath! But the first bite is what sold me on this crazy easy, sticky toffee pudding. Turns out the reviewers were right! The recipe produces a delicious, light, date-studded cake with the surprise toffee sauce underneath. It's like magic!

Although this dessert was easy and delicious, it did not taste like the toffee pudding we fell in love with in Europe. I followed the recipe to a T, but the toffee flavor was subtle at best. Thank you for sharing the fun recipe, though! My family who had never tried sticky toffee pudding loved it this Christmas!

I made this recipe for dinner guests yesterday. It was very easy to make and turned out really well. Everyone enjoyed it! I have been in love with Sticky Toffee Pudding ever since I first encountered in it an English pub. Over the years, I've ordered it in restaurants and pubs around the UK. I've tried several recipes with very good results. I have to say that, although this recipe is good the resulting pudding is not the one that I truly love .... the decadently rich, sticky pudding with a rich caramel sauce poured over the top. I'm still longing for a bit of the latter.

Just tried this sticky pudding recipe yesterday, an instant hit with my friends and I was left scraping the bowl to taste it actually , too good, loved your details too in the recipe explanation, thanks a ton for such wonderful recipes. Saira from Bahrain

Hi! Is it possible to replace the dates with yellow raisins? Also, I read other sticky toffee pudding recipes online and noticed that they would use molasses, is it ok to use molasses in your recipe as well? ?

After looking at many recipes for sticky toffee pudding, I ended up using this one with some minor changes. I soaked the dates in Earl Gray tea (just opened the tea bag and added it with the boiling water) and pureed them in the food processor. I baked it in a 99 pan, and it took longer than expected to bake but stayed moist. Someone mentioned pouring some of the toffee on top so I poked the cake with a meat fork and smoothed 3/4 cup sauce on top. This was originally thinking there would be leftovers. Ha! It was gone instantaneously and our 1 year old licked her plate literally!

I made this pudding in an 8 x 8 inch pan and I had to bake it for about 50 min as at 30 min it was still wet inside. I added a quarter cup of chopped pecans to the mixture. The cake was still moist, light and airy. It was delicious and the darker edges from baking the cake for longer only complimented the toffee flavour.

There is very little that can compare with the glory of a sticky toffee pudding. My STP is altogether deeper and darker than the original version: it is still sweet, but the muscovado sugar and black treacle give it an almost savage intensity.

Depending on where in the world you are located, you may refer to this pudding as a sticky date pudding or sticky toffee pudding. The puddings do contain dates, and also have a toffee flavor, so the names can be used interchangeably.

I tried this out on my family tonight, and it was a huge hit! This is definitely my favorite new holiday recipe of the year. I thought I might share a small word of warning, though, for anyone following the bake-ahead method (with the toffee sauce on top). The toffee boiled over and made a big sticky, smoky mess on the bottom of the oven. It was totally worth it, but I definitely recommend a cooler oven or a closer eye!

The perfect topping for sticky toffee pudding is clotted cream (or Devonshire cream). The recipe has one ingredient,but takes 16 hours, only 3 minutes of whcih is active preparation time. Pour heavy cream into a saucepan. It must not be ultrapasteurized. The amount depends on how much clotted cream you want. The result wil be somewhat less than half the amount you start out with. Bake in a 180 degree oven uncovered for 8 hours. Then place in refrigerator for 8 hours. Skim the clotted cream off the top. The remainder is usable for baking. So delicious, rich, yet tart.

Like my other steamed puddings, this sticky toffee pudding is super moist because this type of cake is made by steaming, adding lots of moisture. The oven, which uses dry heat, can dry out other types of cake..

You can store any leftover steamed sticky toffee pudding in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. These puddings also freeze really well and will last for up to 4 weeks in the freezer!

The cakes are baked in individual ramekins making adorable and fancy single portions. Each cake is perfectly moist and studded with sticky dates. Add a drizzle of homemade buttery toffee sauce and a touch of heavy cream and you have the ultimate holiday dessert!

Sticky toffee pudding has to be one of the ultimate comforting winter desserts. There is nothing more satisfying on a cold day than tucking in to a slab of soft pudding drenched in sticky toffee sauce and custard (or ice cream if you are that way inclined).

Dates: chopped dates soaked in boiling water and then blended form the base of the pudding, adding sweetness and caramel flavour and keeping the texture moist and soft. There is no need to use fancy dates such as medjool, just regular dried dates work best.

Dark muscovado or dark brown soft sugar: muscovado sugar is best for it's deep toffee flavour though dark brown soft will work just as well. Light brown will work in a pinch but dark is best.

Ground ginger: sticky toffee pudding doesn't traditionally have any spices added to it, but I do like to add a little bit of ginger to mine. You can omit it for a more traditional pudding, or if you want to go spicier you can add some cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves as well.

Light brown soft sugar: unlike in the actual pudding, I like the flavour of light brown soft sugar in the toffee sauce best. If you only have dark brown sugar then I suggest omitting the treacle from the sauce to avoid it becoming too intensely flavoured (though if that is your kind of thing then by all means leave it in).

Leave to cool for 20 minutes then serve with ice cream or custard and the rest of the sticky toffee sauce. (The sauce will thicken as it cools, simply reheat it in a pan or in the microwave for a few seconds until it becomes pourable again).

Hi Maria, If you are going to re-heat the sticky toffee pudding before serving it then I would wait to add the sauce until you serve it. It will still be good if you pour over the sauce after baking it though, just a bit more sticky.

Made this for my vegan friends and it tasted exactly the same as normal! The sticky toffee sauce wasn't quite thick enough but I suspect that's because I had to use a vegan spread rather than the naturli block ( due to nut allergy ) - but will 100% make again

I know what you mean about sticky toffee puddings. The guys round here hate the date bits in them and pick them out. Instead of getting rid of them all together we put them in a blender ? Now everybody is happy!

I have access to Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco or Morrisons.Please can anyone recommend from experience which might be the best? Hoping for lots of toffee sauce on top if it makes a difference. I am definitely not up for making my own. Thanks in advance for your valued opinions of yummyness.

We had a lovely aldi one the other week but (and I know it's not on your list) the waitrose one was amazing! This is a quick and easy recipe to make!! www.nigella.com/recipes/easy-sticky-toffee-pudding 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page